The package covers only the initial design and development of the website. It does not cover ongoing changes and updates (maintenance) to the site. There are however a number of options open to you regarding the ongoing updates to the site:
- Remain hosted on subdirectory for the one-year period, paying for changes on a per change basis.
- Purchase a hosting package and personally maintain the website.
- If you or a friend/relative have web development skills then we would advise that you personally take control of the site yourself and make the required updates. In this case we will send you a CD of your website on html format.
If you do decide that you would like to maintain the site yourself then you will need to take the necessary steps to obtain hosting space of your own on the Internet.You can use the Internet to interact with your clients in a number of different ways. Some of these are as listed below:
- Visiting users can be encouraged to submit their contact information along with a description of what they are looking for from your business
- Feedback forms would allow you to gather user demographics, service ratings and preferences from your clients
- "Virtual Tours" could help clients realise the value of your product and/or service
- Discussion boards could give you an insight into the mindset of your customers.